Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 24

I'm really glad to be doing this and really glad I feel way better than yesterday!  My energy is good, downloads sufficient and not too weird yet, head clear... I do feel a bit hungry but not ravenously or obsesssively so!  I hear it's easier not to eat any food after three days... that you go into some sort of zone?!?!  I'll keep you posted!

Additionally my brain is occupied with thoughts of my relationship with food, my habits, any addictions (not just to food but to t.v. watching, shopping...) and how this new awareness will translate for me post cleanse.

Some book recommendations that have come up in the above context:

The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Life Management by Elizabeth Wilson
50 ways to soothe yourself without food by Susan Albers, PSY.D.

I'm also thinking about the best way to re-introduce food and health maintenance ideas. 

For health maintenance I may steal an idea from Natalia Rose (Detox the world) and designate one day per week for a mini cleanse and consume only green juice.  She suggests Monday and I like that idea.

More on food re-entry tomorrow...




1 comment:

  1. I have also been mindful of my attachments. The cafe gratitude people send out a news letter and they do a juice fast the first week of every month. I like the idea that you suggested of one day per week as this seems more manageable and integrated.

    ReplyDelete