Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ready Set Cleanse.... March 30 2013

WOW...
We are about to launch into the 2nd annual Take Back Your Closet Cleanse and I’m starting to feel more enthused.  Perhaps having a longer time to plan went against me since I didn’t plan and am almost startled that the beginning in nearly upon us!  On the other hand I’m excited to feel light and energized and I know this is a great way to do that.
One of the challenges in adding more veggies to your diet is planning for meals, perhaps including something alluring that packs well for lunch.  In San Francisco we are lucky to have kale in season pretty much year ‘round and lucky for us, raw kale travels really well.   If you’re one who doesn’t think you care for kale, try to massage either massage coconut or olive oil into it or dress it earlier in the day to soften and mellow the flavor.
G’s Traveling Dino Kale Salad
8 – 10 leaves of kale (w/ ribs for G, w/o ribs for MB), a small bunch of sunflower sprouts, pea shoots, lentil sprouts, mung bean sprouts or other sprouts as available.  Toss with “Coco sesame” dressing.  Just before you eat it, add approximately 1 T nuts or seeds to taste.  (G loves his kale ribs because it’s good chewing practice and the more you chew the sweeter the flavor… so chew chew chew baby!)
Coco Sesame Dressing – measurements are approximate, adjust for personal taste
½ cup raw apple cider vinegar, ½ cup water, 1 cup sesame seeds (white or black – black are higher in iron and one of the oldest condiments in history), 2 T tamari (wheat free and tastes like soy sauce), 2 T toasted sesame seed oil, 2 T coconut oil, ½ cup coconut milk – blend in high speed blender until desired smoothness is achieved.
Happy Cleansing!

3 comments:

  1. mmm I am craving Kale now after reading your post. Kale is rare here in Israel, but we have plenty of fresh produce. I think being raw here would be like being raw in the US in the 80s... Nonetheless, in order to eat raw one just needs plenty of fresh produce, avocado, nuts, seeds, sprouts, and some creativity. I've decided to go 80% raw (at least),to cut out soy, dairy, and sugar, and to only eat meat if my body is asking for it. I am feeling super excited to begin this personal journey with all of you.

    Idea: Pay attention to the color of your tongue throughout the cleanse. Consider adding dance, yoga, meditation to your routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krystal I Love Your Comments,I PlanTo Add More YogA, Qi Gong And Meditation ToMy Routine-But even More Than That I PlanTo Try To Notice And Slow Down -Which For Me Is An Important Practice.

      Delete
  2. And I love both your comments! Movement and thoughtfulness are a very worthy combo anytime and especially nnow. I'm glad of all reminders...

    ReplyDelete