Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 16 - "pasta in creme sauce" & asian cuke salad

I told y'all I'd let you know how that cashew creme with zucchini pasta held up and tasted for lunch today?  It was DELICIOUS & super satisfying!

cashew creme:
1 cup RAW soaked cashews - soak them in a bowl in for fridge for 4 hours or up to overnight
scant 1/2 cup h2O - you can add a bit more if needed
pinch-o-salt (good salt such as Himalayan pink or Celtic grey)
juice of one lemon
scant teaspoon curry powder - more if you like it spicy
blend til super smooth

zucchini "pasta":
peel the zuchini and if you have a spiralizer, use the spaghetti setting.  If you don't have a spiralizer, use a peeler and peel round and round, more like fettuccine.

I used 3 small zuchini to about 1/4 of the above recipe. 

Make the sauce first and toss the zuchini immediately, that's supposed to seal the "pasta" so it doesn't get watery.

Another easy lunch treat was an Asian inspired cucumber salad...  While I had the magic spiralizer out I spiraled me some cucumbers.  Again lacking the magic tool... use a peeler and work your way around length wise for a more uniform slice.

2 good size cucumbers - sliced or spiralized
1 - 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 T raw apple cider vinegar
pinch-o-salt
  Toss it, and either eat it straight away or let it marinate overnight.

Just a few more alluring ways to increase your vegetable intake in a delightful & delicious way!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great! I made the Kale salad that you posted and I evolved some of the recipes from Cafe gratitude cookbook. I think Gerardo would really like this one: kelp noodles topped with the "filling" for the sun dried tomato enchilada recipe in Cafe gratitude cookbook. It somehow really reminded me of the tuna recipe that he taught me to make, even though it is all raw plant matter. ^_^

    ReplyDelete