Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 6

OK, so G says I worry too much.  The seemingly too quick weight loss has leveled - for both of us!  My energy seems fine... I'm a bit irritable, and for this I must pause and sniff some aromatherapy "Vibram" and that seems to sooth my nearly savage soul! 
Visited the Farmers Market today so we have our usual load of fresh vegetable deliciousness.  Zuchini & Persian cucumbers have popped into season since last week so I hope to have some new food invention to share with all y'all!
We ran into an old friend of G's and were reminded again of how critical it is to fuel our bodies with our weekly Farmers Market abundance... The friend mentioned their many mutual acquaintances who have had heart attacks or strokes.  Some of them have passed and others are living a more challenged existence post physical trauma. 
GO GREEN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Indeed, go green people!! I am glad to find an update here for day 6 (or whatever it is by now...). I am at the University now, but I will head home soon to make a kale treat. Eric saved me today, from hunger of a long day at school that is, by offering home-made energy bars. By the way, do you eat buckwheat or do you try to avoid wheat all together? Technically, buckwheat is a seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and mom/susan sent me a copy of one of the chi-gong practices. I am experiencing restlessness of the mind or what yoga people may refer to as 'monkey mind' quite often in these days, and I hope that chi-gong practice may help to quiet that. quiet and replace with peace, of course

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buckwheat is gluten free, I believe, miss monkey mind. I wonder, too, if buckwheat groats might be a good option. I think the chi-gong, helps alot with that monkey mind thing! I was irritable yesterday, too, which may be partly cleanse and partly work related, but really it is all part of the cleansing proccess. I am actively working at cleansing the components from my life that are not working for me, while replacing them with with things that do! I look forward to this being a life changing month for me! Thanks MB for your part in empowering me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy that I have such an amazing group of people doing this with me! And yes... Qi Gong is very helpful with monkey mind AND I'm really glad to hear what others are going through!!!

      Delete